It’s the most romantic day of the year and in our minds, it’s a bit like Marmite; you either love it or hate it. Have a look at a few figures we found about Valentine’s Day.
- The figures show that 40% of people have negative feelings towards Valentine’s Day.
- 1 billion cards will be sent on Valentine’s Day which makes it the single largest seasonal occasion after Christmas.
- Each year in America around 220,000 wedding proposals will be made, but don’t rush out to buy the ring just yet as a recent survey showed that 75% of women find being proposed to on Valentine’s Day cheesy.
- It turns out the most romantic day of the year can end in disaster, with 53% of women ready to dump their boyfriend if they don’t receive a gift on Valentine’s Day (better make that dash to the shops after all!).
- If you receive flowers this Valentine’s Day you are most likely to be a woman as 73% of men will buy flowers whereas only 27% of women buy flowers for Valentine’s.
- It is predicted that more than 35 million boxes of heart shaped chocolates will be sold in the run up to Valentine’s.
- In the 19th Century doctors would prescribe chocolates to their patients who were pining for lost love.
- And of course, humans are not the only ones who should be expecting a treat this Valentine’s Day as 3% of pet owners will give cards and gifts to their pets.
So really, we all have something to look forward to this Valentine’s Day whether it getting a heart shaped box of chocolates from a loved one or indulging on the reduced chocolate the day after!
Visit our gallery of Valentine’s Day “Do’s and Dont’s”
You must be logged in to post a comment.